Matt Cardwell of Quicken Loans is the Director of Social Media. He is responsible for leading social media strategy and he is hiring, too.
Matt Cardwell Matt Cardwell of Quicken Loans is the Director of Social Media. He is responsible for leading social media strategy and he is hiring, too.
This is a packed episode of interesting things about the Quicken Loans family of companies. Matt Cardwell talks about Social Media, Digital Marketing, Marketing in general, the proper way to send spam, how to pitch a big company like Quicken Loans, how not to do it, how to get hired, how to interview...it's a treasure trove for anyone in marketing, intersted in Detroit or interested in working with Quicken Loans.
Nobody mentioned lasers, haptics, crock pots or flying cars. But we did work in Zaibatsu.
In this episode, Mike and Brad , talk to Matt all things Qucken Loans, brisquette as spam (not that kind), interns, hiring, company culture, real estate, comic sans, Detroit, Downtown, The Lions, Free agency, Haloti Ngata and a whole bunch of other stuff.
We're still hiring interns!
Join us and Matt, watch/listen to this episode of Stream Detroit.
To learn more about Matt Cardwell and his work, visit Quicken.
- (00:42) “The name we have to remember Hloti Ngata”
- (01:30) “Dan Gilbert has said, We're really not a mortgage company, we're a technology company that happens to do mortgages.”
- (11:24) “Zaibatsu predates Kieretsu” Why does Brad know this? Why is he writing on the wall?
- (15:49) “How do you find all these people to work?”
- (28:09) “Every single new hire goes through a full day with Dan.”
- (39:00) “What is important to you in evaluating start-up partners?”
- (45:50) “The big long brisquette and spam story about spam.”
- (52:43) “Right now we're still hiring interns for the summer.”